Appointed Person Training
To provide practical and theory training in the role of an appointed person, enabling the candidate to pass the Theory and Practical Tests associated with this course
- Explain the duties and responsibilities.
- State basic requirements of legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Identify the requirements from basic to complex lifts
- Describe notification, liaising and reporting procedures to statutory, authority, and utility bodies when affected by the lifting operation, i.e. works, railways, highways etc.
- Identify different types of cranes, and explain their lifting capabilities and limitations.
- Explain maintenance, inspections, thorough examination and testing requirements
- Set setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for different types
- Select the correct crane for specific specified lifts and utilise accessories inc: swing ways, stingers, powered boom extensions etc. extra ballast plus duties charts, range diagrams and specification sheets
- Explain slinging techniques for given loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose
- Specify appropriate lifting accessories for given types of loads
- Identify weights and centres of gravity for different types of loads
- Describe and demonstrate different types of communication methods for lifting purposes
- State the need to complete a reflective report following a typical lifting operation
- Identify potential proximity and underground hazards from given plans and drawings
- Identify and plan an area, with exclusion zones for different, given lifting operations incorporating safe access/egress routes for before, during and after the lift
- State requirements that allow safe site access and egress for typical lifting equipment
- Construct a safe system of work by constructing risk assessments, method statements and lift plans using given information
- Prepare and explain pre-prepared lift plan information to others involved in a lifting operation i.e. crane supervisor, crane operator, slinger signaller etc.
- Specify positioning of a crane, load and other limiting factors in relation to fixed objects
- Evaluate and explain how environmental factors and the surrounding area, external to the lift zone, can affect the planned lifting operation
Ace Trainers Ltd Is unable to offer CPCS Accreditation.
Each delegate will be given a theoretical (multi-choice format) test to assess their job-related safety knowledge, pre-use and a practical test, upon successful completion a certificate of basic training will be awarded.
Appointed Person Training is non-accredited and offered as in house training Only with certification from Ace Trainers.
Thanks to Ace Trainers we were booked onto a course with very little notice (thanks to a cancellation) at a very competitive price. The level of instruction was very thorough and our novice fork truck driver was very comfortable with the training. All round; extremely pleased with the service provided.
With being made redundant and with warehouse skills but not fork lift qualified, I attended a counter balance and reach fork lift truck operator course with Ace trainers at their training centre in Basingstoke. The instructors there, male and female were impressive and very professional. They are well knowledgeable in all subjects relating to fork lifting including Health and Safety regulations. Armed with my new/previous skills and knowledge gained from Acetrainers, I have landed a brilliant and dare I say, well paid warehouse management job.Thanks Mike and your instructors, you are the best. PS Will be sending my guys to you for training when they are due for renewal. 🙂 George Rater
Very Professional and a very helpful Company customer service seems a thing of the past but not for Ace Trainers Would recommend ,Thanks you for helping me pass my Drivers CPC Course
I cannot thank you enough for your assistance and professionalism regarding an enquiry I made at the 11th hour so to speak. It is so refreshing to receive a prompt and professional service. I do wish you every success future as you deserve it. The level of training received was excellent. Thank you again.
JB, Facilities Manager
Very happy with the fork lift training delivered on site. I’d happily recommend Ace Trainers. Kevin Holden
The service was excellent from point of contact all the way through to the actual training itself We will be using Ace Trainers again
Hi , just a quick message to say that today we had Ryan take a course for 3 of our staff on counterbalance forklifts. The feedback I have received is that the course was delivered very professionally and a lot of new information was shared . Our on site training facilities were used to deliver the theory test which Ryan will now be familiar with . I would like to say we were impressed by Ryan and any further training we require within the Millcroft group we will contact you for a quote .
I would recommend Ace Trainers , There pricing is very reasonable and below the market average however the level of training is top rate, I would be happy to tell my fellow businessmen about your service, We initially used Ace Trainers for one booking which lead into an additional two bookings due to the service and training received
Thank you very much for the training session Lin! It was great and we will be in contact for any more of our future needs 🙂
The course was tailored to our needs which was fantastic because we had one complete beginner, one person with a little experience and one person who just need a refresher. Even with these very different levels of experience the candidates found the course easy to understand. All candidates passed the course and the course which was fantastic. The tutors were friendly and very knowledgeable. We would definitely recommend this course and it was excellent value for money!