Appointed Person Training
To provide practical and theory training in the role of an appointed person, enabling the candidate to pass the Theory and Practical Tests associated with this course
- Explain the duties and responsibilities.
- State basic requirements of legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Identify the requirements from basic to complex lifts
- Describe notification, liaising and reporting procedures to statutory, authority, and utility bodies when affected by the lifting operation, i.e. works, railways, highways etc.
- Identify different types of cranes, and explain their lifting capabilities and limitations.
- Explain maintenance, inspections, thorough examination and testing requirements
- Set setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for different types
- Select the correct crane for specific specified lifts and utilise accessories inc: swing ways, stingers, powered boom extensions etc. extra ballast plus duties charts, range diagrams and specification sheets
- Explain slinging techniques for given loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose
- Specify appropriate lifting accessories for given types of loads
- Identify weights and centres of gravity for different types of loads
- Describe and demonstrate different types of communication methods for lifting purposes
- State the need to complete a reflective report following a typical lifting operation
- Identify potential proximity and underground hazards from given plans and drawings
- Identify and plan an area, with exclusion zones for different, given lifting operations incorporating safe access/egress routes for before, during and after the lift
- State requirements that allow safe site access and egress for typical lifting equipment
- Construct a safe system of work by constructing risk assessments, method statements and lift plans using given information
- Prepare and explain pre-prepared lift plan information to others involved in a lifting operation i.e. crane supervisor, crane operator, slinger signaller etc.
- Specify positioning of a crane, load and other limiting factors in relation to fixed objects
- Evaluate and explain how environmental factors and the surrounding area, external to the lift zone, can affect the planned lifting operation
Ace Trainers Ltd Is unable to offer CPCS Accreditation.
Each delegate will be given a theoretical (multi-choice format) test to assess their job-related safety knowledge, pre-use and a practical test, upon successful completion a certificate of basic training will be awarded.
Appointed Person Training is non-accredited and offered as in house training Only with certification from Ace Trainers.
The course was tailored to our needs which was fantastic because we had one complete beginner, one person with a little experience and one person who just need a refresher. Even with these very different levels of experience the candidates found the course easy to understand. All candidates passed the course and the course which was fantastic. The tutors were friendly and very knowledgeable. We would definitely recommend this course and it was excellent value for money!
Very Professional and a very helpful Company customer service seems a thing of the past but not for Ace Trainers Would recommend ,Thanks you for helping me pass my Drivers CPC Course
I would recommend Ace Trainers , There pricing is very reasonable and below the market average however the level of training is top rate, I would be happy to tell my fellow businessmen about your service, We initially used Ace Trainers for one booking which lead into an additional two bookings due to the service and training received
Thanks Mike for the professional and constructive way you have organised both our management and drivers! The information and instruction you have supplied regarding our safety, procedures and responsibilities now ensures we are compliant and more efficient. We look forward to working with in the future.
Roy & Marianne Edwards,
The service was excellent from point of contact all the way through to the actual training itself We will be using Ace Trainers again
I cannot thank you enough for your assistance and professionalism regarding an enquiry I made at the 11th hour so to speak. It is so refreshing to receive a prompt and professional service. I do wish you every success future as you deserve it. The level of training received was excellent. Thank you again.
JB, Facilities Manager
“At Guest Express Transport we have 28 members of staff with approx. 4 that actually hold a national forklift certificate and the rest have a very good knowledge of fork truck driving. I decided to put one member through the instructors course with the view to have all staff members trained to the same level and a level that we as a company are satisfied with. I ended up doing the course myself and I am actually glad I did as it really does highlight the bad habits we all pick up over the years and dangers we put ourselves through every day without even realising!! But fortunately Zoe came in and changed all that within 5 days. I would recommend Ace Trainers for this as they were by far the best on price (I had 4 other quotes as a comparison) and like Guest Express Transport are a family run business and appreciate your business and did go the extra mile to make sure we / I was satisfied. I have now also booked our next 5 years of drivers CPC training, again at a very competitive price and will continue our relationship whenever I need professional people to train my staff to a professional level” In House Instructors Course – 07/01/2013
Mike and the Ace team refreshed my forklift operation courses on both Bendi and Counterbalance lift trucks. The experience was friendly, supportive and professional from start to finish and at an extremely competitive price. I have no …More Mike and the Ace team refreshed my forklift operation courses on both Bendi and Counterbalance lift trucks. The experience was friendly, supportive and professional from start to finish and at an extremely competitive price. I have no hesitation in recommending the Ace team, the name really does describe the service! Well done!Stuart Gordon
Thank you very much for the training session Lin! It was great and we will be in contact for any more of our future needs
Very happy with the fork lift training delivered on site. I’d happily recommend Ace Trainers. Kevin Holden